|This delightful little park of 1.1 acres sits
atop a hill next to the McGuffey
Art Center at Second Street N.W. and Jefferson Street (location).
In 1945, this land was donated by the City to the Charlottesville
School Board; in 1974, the School Board gave the land and adjoining
school back to the city as a gift to become the McGuffey Art Center and
to form McGuffey Park. Park facilities include half-court basketball,
playground and benches.
Dogs must be on leash and under control. City code requires dog owners to clean up feces of dogs in their care; a plastic bag dispenser/waste receptable is provided for cleaning up dog waste. Failure to abide by the leash law and dog feces cleanup law is a Class 4 misdemeanor.
Parking is available on the street. The park is open 6AM to 9PM.
Map and directions | Status | Parks and Grounds Home
(contains large files, may take a while to load)
Revised 1/16/02 by Stowe Keller