|One of the finest neighborhood parks in the City,
Belmont Park is bounded by Stonehenge Avenue, Rialto Street and Druid Avenue
(location). The 3.1 acres
of land were bought by Paul Goodloe
McIntire in 1921 and he transferred the property to the City to be
used as a park and playground for local citizens. The park contains
a full basketball court, benches, swing set and slides, large shady oak
trees and a courtyard with shelter for outdoor concerts.
Dogs must be on leash and under control. City code requires dog owners to clean up feces of dogs in their care; a plastic bag dispenser/waste receptable is provided for cleaning up dog waste. Failure to abide by the leash law and feces cleanup law is a Class 4 misdemeanor.
Park hours are 6AM to 9PM. Parking is available on the street.
Map and directions | Status | Parks and Grounds Home
Photos of Belmont Park
(contains large files, may take a while to load)
Revised 1/16/02 by Stowe Keller